Thursday, October 24, 2013

Oh Pinterest - I love you!

There are SO many great gardening ideas on Pinterest!
 
I've got the urge to try 2 of them in my backyard garden:
- a spiral, bottle-edged herb garden
- a potting table with an outdoor sink
(my garden gloves get so dirty, I don't want to bring them inside
to put them in my washing machine before a good rinsing - hence - an outdoor sink!)
 
With a little (well, actually A LOT) of help from my friends, I'm on the hunt for an old, used sink and some colored bottles (blue/green/brown) to edge the herb bed.
 
Here are some of the ideas I found and what I have in mind ....
 
FIRST: An OUTDOOR SINK .. maybe with a Potting Table!
 
Combining 2 of my loves - gardening with a sewing machine base!
It doesn't have to be complicated ...
but I'm thinking "cuter" than this ....
 
Now THIS is cute!
And THIS is WAY Cute!!
   
  
 This one shows how the buckets are used underneath for the run-off "grey water" to use elsewhere in the garden. This doesn't look too hard to do - and YouTube videos show you how!
 
SECOND: A SPIRAL GARDEN Herb Bed lined with BOTTLES!
http://www.rubbercowgirl.com/2011/04/high-life-herb-spiral.html

I think this would be even cuter with colored bottles -
 blue, green and brown ones!
 
 
If anyone sees any items I could use, laying on the side of the road,
text me with a "Curb Alert"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment