Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy 1st Day of SPRING!

It was a balmy 75 degrees today in Central Texas and was it ever hard to stay inside and work!


Unfortunately, the freeze we had a few weeks ago did my sweet peas and Barbados cherry bush in and I just don't have the heart to cut them back yet. Wishful thinking?


But the Bradford Pear trees are putting on a show and my white Cemetery iris are blooming like they have for almost 100 years (they came from an older lady's garden then passed along to my Dad and are now blooming in my garden!) Don't you just LOVE hand-me-along plants?!!


I'll get out this weekend and take some pictures but I wanted to wish everyone a
Happy 1st Day of Spring!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley! Happy Spring to you too! You are the lucky winner of the blog giveaway on the Gelli Arts tutorial. Congrats!! Can you please email nancy@gelliarts.com so we can ship out your prize pack? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this for real?? I really won?!!! Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I can't tell you how excited I am if this is for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Shelley - It's Nancy Kelley - Director of Marketing for Gelli Arts. We are still trying to reach you regarding your post to our blog and the fact that you won the Wax resist tutorial kit giveaway on our blog this month! Can you please email me, nkelley@gelliarts.com so we can make arrangements to get you your prize? Thanks :) Love your blog!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete