Monday, May 21, 2018

Fun Find for my garden!

I'm always amazed at what some people discard to send to the dump! Look at these wonderful concrete bench supports that were in a pile of rubbish and broken stones that I found last weekend. I asked a workman what they were going to be doing with them and he said they'd be hauled off for trash. If I wanted them, I could just back my car up and take whatever I liked!














Originally, I was going to put a board across them to make a bench but I think they look cute without it. They seem to create an "entrance" to the side-yard garden. I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the metal trellis' on the outside of supports to grow a vine of some sort on.

I'd love to know what you think!


I also have to add this to my growing list of things I need a small SUV for! My son thought I should trade in my old one for a little car that got better gas mileage. My reply was, "but how could I carry home things I might find such as wheelbarrows or bark mulch?" His answer was, "well, how often do you carry home a wheelbarrow?"

Check out this cute little one :-)

I found it this spring in an old barn for a bargain price!! If you look closely in the 1st picture above, you can see it's now found a home in my garden planted with flowers and budding cucumbers and a pumpkin vine!

No comments:

Post a Comment