Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Potting Bench Construction Day 3-7

After taking a long look at my pathetic attempt at a potting bench and the pictures I had pinned on Pinterest, I decided I needed to re-design my bench and start over.
This may be the hardest project, physically, I've ever done. I will never again say "How hard can it be?" ... because the answer to that would be "It can be HARD"!

Physically, these 2x4's aren't lightweight and when you screw a bunch of them together - they get heavy. Then add to that, the pulling and wrenching of the screws/nails out of the pallet boards and you don't need to go to the gym for exercise!

       But the finished product is going to make me VERY PROUD OF MYSELF!!

Here is the bench to date - it still needs some sanding, painting, and shelves added ....
 
Boards cut for the bottom shelf - I'm getting better with my saw skills!

 
Tomorrow - PAINT!





No comments:

Post a Comment