Saturday, June 16, 2012

My FAITH & My Garden are Growing!

One of my favorite quotes is "who plants a seed beneath the sod, and waits to see, believes in God".That's me! Last year at this time, with the encouragement of family & friends, I had faith that all those little seeds I was planting would sprout, that those seedlings I was planting really would produce blossoms that would become vegetables, and that in my little plot of a backyard, I could grow a garden that would give me more pleasure than grief.
And take a look - MY FAITH IS GROWING!



Here is what my backyard looked like a year ago when I first moved in ...

a big square rectangle of grass with one small "eyebrow" garden"
(that's my term for the growing space in the corner.of the yard)




notice the grass under the window on the left -
there was no flower bed there when I moved in

                              and there was a pathetic looking bare patch of weeds
                                             under the lone tree in the yard
                                      with the bare roots of the tree exposed
                     (and there were no petrified wood pieces to define the space)


                             (with one stray sunflower from a birdseed dropping)


              here was my cinder block garden when it was first built in late March ...

                              and here it is now producing vegetable and flowers

..                                      what's a garden bed without flowers!

  

                                    now, a year later, this is what I get to look at
                           when I step out onto my back porch in the mornings...
                                     
                                      It's still a long way from being finished
                          since I have to be frugal and can't do too much all at once
            and it's certainly not as beautiful as those gardens I see in magazines but ...

Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see". These verses are speaking about Jesus & knowing for certain that His words are true - even though we face hardships & failures. But it applies to other areas of our life as well and as for me and my garden, I have the pics to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment